- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
Dry and seasonably warm weather continues
Tuesday : Partly to mostly sunny. Afternoon wind gusts 12-16 mph. Highs in the lower 70’s.
Wednesday: Partly to mostly sunny. Afternoon wind gusts 15-20 mph. Highs in the low to mid 70’s.
Smoke forecast: Much of the smoke we are seeing now in the Park is coming from one fire in central Idaho. Expect light smoke on Tuesday. Wednesday should be smoke-free or nearly so.
Thursday: Partly sunny in the morning with variable cloudiness in the afternoon. Slight chance of an afternoon shower. Highs in the lower 70’s.
Friday – Saturday: Partly to mostly sunny. Highs in low 70’s.
Sunday: Partly cloudy in the morning, then becoming cloudy by afternoon. Chance of rain developing late. Cooler with highs in the mid 60’s. Periods of rain with high elevation snow possible overnight.
Monday: Partly to mostly cloudy with a chance of rain and mountain snow. Cooler with highs in the upper 50’s.