- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
Monsoon pattern sets up in Wyoming
Thursday: Variable cloudiness with a few afternoon showers and thunderstorms. Light winds except near thunderstorms. Highs in the low 80’s.
Friday: Variable cloudiness with a good chance for afternoon showers and thunderstorms, some of which may be heavy. Expect more widespread showers and thunderstorms on Friday than on Thursday. Light winds except gusts to 30 mph possible in the vicinity of thunderstorms. Highs in the low 80’s.
Smoke forecast: While the western fires continue to burn, much of the heaviest smoke concentrations will be to the north of Grand Teton. Expect light to occasionally moderate concentrations of smoke in the Park Thursday and Friday. Increased moisture and rain in the U.S. northwest may help to lessen, at least temporarily, the fires’ intensity.
Saturday – Sunday: Continued afternoon showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 70’s.
Monday – Tuesday: Continued afternoon showers and thunderstorms: Highs in the mid 70’s.
Wednesday – Thursday: Mostly sunny in the mornings with a possibility of afternoon showers. Highs in the upper 70’s.