- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
Some afternoon showers Thursday; cloudy, breezy and significantly cooler Friday.
Thursday: Sunny in the morning with scattered afternoon and evening showers and thunderstorms. Showers will likely continue into the night. Light winds except gusts to 30 mph near thunderstorms. Warm, with high temperatures in the mid 80’s.
Friday: Mostly cloudy, with scattered showers and an occasional thunderstorm. Breezy in the afternoon with winds gusting 25-30 mph outside of thunderstorms. Noticeably cooler, with high temperatures in the low 70’s. Hikers above 9000 feet should prepare for wet and windy conditions with temperatures in the 50’s.
Smoke forecast: Fires continue to burn in CA, WA, ID and British Columbia. Wildfire smoke will persist over Grand Teton Park for the next two days. Smoke concentrations decrease to a light haze by Thursday afternoon; very little smoke Thursday night. Moderate to occasionally heavy smoke returns by Friday afternoon.
Saturday – Thursday: Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid to upper 70’s. Breezy Saturday through Monday.