- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
Wet and cool for a few more days
Temperatures in the mountains will be in the 30’s and 40’s today and tonight. Snow levels may drop to 9000 – 10,000 feet by this afternoon with accumulating snows on the Divide. Winds will not be an issue in the high country, but hypothermia is a concern for those not prepared for cold-and wet-weather camping and hiking.
Thursday: Cloudy with rain in the morning and occasional showers or drizzle in the afternoon. Snow levels in the Park falling to 9000-10,000 feet by afternoon. Some accumulation possible on Paintbrush Divide. Cool, with high temperatures in the mid to upper 50’s.
Friday: Cloudy in the morning with rain showers ending. Becoming partly cloudy by late morning with the chance of an isolated shower. Most rain showers will stay north and east of Grand Teton Park. Warmer, with highs in the mid-60’s.
Smoke forecast: The rain and storms have forced most of the wildfire smoke to our south and west. Today will have little if any smoke. Friday will see periods of light smoke over the Park.
Saturday: Sunny in the morning, then increasing clouds with rain and showers developing in the afternoon. Highs near 70 degrees.
Sunday: Rain in the morning, tapering off to showers by midday. Partly sunny in the afternoon. Highs near 70 deg.
Monday: Partly to mostly sunny. Chance of afternoon showers. Highs in the mid 70’s.
Tuesday: Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 70’s.
Wednesday: Mostly sunny with a chance of afternoon showers. Warmer, with highs in the mid to upper 70’s.