- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
Warming trend continues
Thursday: Mostly sunny and warm. Light winds. Highs in the mid 80’s.
Friday: Mostly sunny and very warm. Highs in the mid to upper 80’s.
Smoke forecast: Wildfire smoke will mostly be light over Grand Teton Thursday and Friday. This smoke is mostly from fires in British Columbia.
Saturday – Sunday: Mostly sunny and very warm. Highs in the mid to upper 80’s.
Monday: Sunny in the morning, then clouding up with scattered showers and thunderstorms. Highs around 80 deg.
Tuesday: Variable cloudiness with scattered showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the low 70’s deg.
Wednesday: Variable cloudiness with scattered showers, mostly in the morning. Highs in the mid 70’s.
Thursday: Mostly sunny with some morning fog. Highs in the mid 70’s.
The 6-10 day outlook is now showing below normal temperatures and above average rainfall for northwest Wyoming for the start of the second half of August.
No graphics today due to bandwidth limitations