- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
One more summer-like day, then cooler, some showers & less smoke
Thursday: Mostly sunny and unseasonably warm. Afternoon gusts 20-25 mph. Highs in the mid 80’s.
Friday: Variable cloudiness with the chance of a shower before noon, then showers and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon and evening. Quite breezy in the afternoon with gusts 25-30 mph and even higher in the vicinity of thunderstorms. High temperatures near 80 deg.
Smoke forecast: The heaviest smoke will move to our north for the next few days. Expect moderate smoke on Thursday and only light smoke on Friday. By Friday evening the smoke should be no more than a light haze.
Saturday: Variable cloudiness with showers possible, especially in the morning. Highs in the upper 60’s to near 70 deg.
Sunday: Variable cloudiness. Highs in the low 70’s.
Monday: Partly sunny with afternoon showers possible. Highs around 70 deg.
Tuesday: Partly to mostly sunny with the slight chance of an afternoon shower. Highs near 70 deg.
Wednesday: Partly to mostly sunny. Highs in the low 70’s.