- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
More nice days in store…
Thursday: Variable cloudiness in the early morning with a slight chance of an isolated rain shower. Becoming partly cloudy. Afternoon showers develop east of the Park. Afternoon wind gusts 10-15 mph. Highs in the mid to upper 60’s.
Friday: Partly to mostly sunny. Highs around 70 deg.
Smoke forecast: Grand Teton will see some light smoke from the California fires on Thursday and Friday. Smoke should decrease starting Friday afternoon.
Saturday – Tuesday: Partly to mostly sunny and a bit warmer. Highs in the low 70’s, except mid 70’s on Monday.
Wednesday: Increasing cloudiness with rain or rainshowers developing in the afternoon. Cooler, with highs around 60 deg.