- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
Hottest day of the year on Monday? Big changes ahead for the coming week.
Sunday: Mostly sunny, dry and hot. Highs around 90. Afternoon wind gusts 15 mph or less.
Monday: Mostly sunny and hot. Highs in the lower 90’s. Light winds.
Smoke forecast: Significant fires continue to burn in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and northern California. This smoke will impact northwest Wyoming for the next several days. Expected moderate to heavy wildfire smoke concentrations over Grand Teton on Sunday with significant restrictions to visibility, especially in the afternoon. Expect moderate smoke concentrations on Monday.
Tuesday: Mostly sunny and very warm, with a slight chance of afternoon showers. Highs near 90 deg.
Wednesday: Sunny mornings with scattered afternoon showers. Not as hot with highs in the low to mid-80’s.
Thursday – Friday: Sunny mornings with a good chance for afternoon showers and thunderstorms. Cooler with highs in the low 80’s.
Saturday – Sunday: Continued afternoon showers and thunderstorms. Cooler still with highs in the mid to upper 70’s.