- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
A few warm days ahead…
Sunday: Mostly sunny. Light afternoon breezes. Slightly warmer, with high temperatures in the mid to upper 70’s.
Monday: Mostly sunny. Southwesterly winds gusts 22-26 mph in the afternoon. High temperature around 80 deg.
Smoke forecast: We will see a virtually smoke-free day on Sunday before the upper-level winds shift once again and bring moderate to heavy wildfire smoke back into the Park on Monday.
Tuesday: Mostly sunny. High temperature around 80 deg. Quite breezy in the afternoon.
Wednesday: Mostly sunny. Chance of an isolate afternoon shower. Highs in the mid 70’s.
Thursday: Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 70’s.
Friday: Becoming mostly cloudy in the afternoon with showers likely. Highs in the lower 70’s.
Saturday: Becoming sunny. Highs in the lower 70’s.
Extended outlook through the first third of September: Temperatures will be near or slightly below the long-term average for this time of year. It will be drier than normal.