- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
Two warm – but smoky – days; showers return starting Wednesday
Monday: Mostly sunny. Southwesterly winds gusts 22-26 mph in the afternoon. High temperature around 80 deg.
Tuesday: Mostly sunny. Windy in the afternoon with gusts 28-34 mph. High temperature around 80 deg.
Smoke forecast: Unfortunately the upper level winds have shifted and we will return to a smoky pattern as the California fires continue to burn. Increasing wildfire smoke over the Park Monday, with smoke becoming heavy by evening. Tuesday will have moderate to heavy smoke.
Wednesday – Sunday: Mostly sunny in the mornings but with a chance of showers each afternoon. Showers will be most numerous on Friday. High each day in the low 70’s.
Extended outlook through the first third of September: Temperatures will be near or slightly below the long-term average for this time of year. It will be drier than normal.