- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
Sunnier and becoming warmer
Sunday: Variable cloudiness with some valley fog this morning. Becoming partly sunny by midmorning and mostly sunny after lunchtime. Breezy, with west winds gusting 20-25 mph in the afternoon. Highs in the mid to upper 60’s.
Monday: Partly to mostly sunny. Gusty southwest winds in the afternoon 22-28 mph. Kayak / SUP / Canoe conditions on Leigh Lake will become hazardous in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 70’s.
Smoke forecast: Despite the rain and storm systems, we will continue to see wildfire smoke, mostly from CA, in the Park. On Sunday the smoke will be light to moderate in its intensity. On Monday the smoke will be moderate to heavy.
Tuesday – Thursday: Partly to mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 70’s.
Friday – Saturday: Partly to mostly sunny. High temperatures around 70 deg.
Outlook through early September: Drier than normal with temperatures at or slightly above normal.