- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
Continued very warm and smoky – a taste of Autumn by mid-week
Sunday: Slight chance of a sprinkle in the morning, then becoming mostly sunny but not quite as hot as Saturday. Scattered showers to the southeast of the Park. Light afternoon breezes with gusts 10-15 mph. Highs in the mid to upper 80’s.
Monday: Sunny in the morning, then variable cloudiness in the afternoon with widely scattered showers and thunderstorms. Quite breezy by afternoon, with winds gusting 22-26 mph. Highs in the mid to upper 80’s.
Smoke forecast: Heavy smoke is to the west of Grand Teton. This smoke will move over the Tetons during the next few days. Expect periods of moderate to heavy wildfire smoke Sunday and Monday. This smoke is NOT locally produced (from the Moran fire, etc.) but rather an amalgamation of all the CA/OR/WA/BC fires currently burning. With luck, the cold front on Wednesday will clear out much of the smoke.
Tuesday: Variable cloudiness with a chance of scattered afternoon showers and thunderstorms. Breezy. Highs in the mid 80’s.
Wednesday: Mostly cloudy with periods of rain, showers, and an occasional thunderstorm developing in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 60’s.
Thursday-Friday: Variable cloudiness with morning fog and afternoon showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 60’s and low 70’s.
Saturday: Variable cloudiness. Highs in the low to mid 70’s.