- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
Mostly dry today; afternoon showers return on Monday
Sunday: Sunny with a slight chance of isolated afternoon showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Most of the showers today will be south and west of the Park. Highs in the lower 80’s. Light winds expect in the vicinity of a thunderstorm.
Monday: Variable cloudiness with afternoon and evening showers and thunderstorms likely: Highs in the upper 70’s.
Smoke forecast: Smoke this weekend will be heaviest in Washington and northern Idaho. For Grand Teton, expect light to occasionally moderate smoke concentrations on Sunday. Smoke concentrations will decrease on Monday to low levels.
Tuesday: Scattered afternoon and evening showers and thunderstorms: Highs in the upper 70’s.
Wednesday: Mostly sunny . Highs in the lower 80’s.
Thursday: Sunny in the morning with scattered afternoon showers and thunderstorms. High temperatures around 80 deg.
Friday – Sunday: Mostly sunny, chance of an isolated afternoon shower. Highs in the upper 70’s and lower 80’s.