- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
Summer’s last fling…
Sunday: Mostly sunny. Afternoon wind gusts 10-15 mph. High temperatures in the upper 70’s.
Monday: Mostly sunny. Afternoon wind gusts 18-22 mph. Highs around 80 deg.
Smoke forecast: The smoke, mostly from California, will continue over the Park. Smoke will start off light Sunday morning but increase throughout the day and become moderate to heavy by evening. Expect moderate smoke density on Labor Day.
Tuesday – Thursday: Mostly sunny and unseasonably warm. Highs in the low to mid 80’s.
Friday: Variable cloudiness with a chance of showers. Highs in the upper 70’s.
Saturday: Partly to mostly cloudy with showers likely. Highs around 70 deg.