- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
A stretch of early Autumn Weather this week
Sunday: Partly to mostly sunny. Afternoon wind gusts 20-25 mph. Slight chance of an isolated late afternoon shower. Highs in the low 70’s. Chance of a thunderstorm or two on Sunday night.
Monday: Partly sunny. Most showers and thunderstorms should stay to the east of the Park. Highs in the lower 70’s.
Smoke forecast: Wildfire smoke concentrations over the northwest U.S. continue to decrease. For Grand Teton, we will see light to occasionally moderate smoke on Saturday, and light smoke or just a light haze on Sunday. In general the smoke will be greater in the northern portion of the Park and in Yellowstone, especially on Saturday.
Tuesday – Saturday: Partly to mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 60’s to lower 70’s each day.