- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
Expect wet afternoons through Tuesday. Sunday will be the ‘least rainy’ day.
Flash Flood Watch in effect through Saturday evening
Saturday: Variable cloudiness with showers and thunderstorms developing after noon time and continuing through this evening. Light winds except in the vicinity of thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 70’s.
Sunday: Sunny in the morning with a slight chance of afternoon showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Highs around 80 deg.
Smoke forecast: Smoke this weekend will be heaviest in Washington and northern Idaho. For Grand Teton, expect only light or minimal smoke on Saturday, and light to moderate smoke concentrations on Sunday.
Monday – Tuesday: Continued afternoon showers and thunderstorms: Highs in the mid 70’s.
Wednesday – Friday: Mostly sunny in the mornings with a possibility of isolated afternoon showers, particularly on Thursday. Highs around 80 deg.