- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
Several hot (and smoky) days ahead — Monday will be the hottest.
Saturday – Sunday: Mostly sunny, dry and very warm. Highs in the upper 80’s. Afternoon wind gusts 15 mph or less both days.
Smoke forecast: Significant fires continue to burn in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and northern California. This smoke will impact northwest Wyoming for the next several days. Expected moderate wildfire smoke concentrations over Grand Teton and Yellowstone Parks this weekend with noticeable reductions to visibility.
Monday: Mostly sunny and hot. Highs in the lower 90’s.
Tuesday: Mostly sunny and very warm, with a slight chance of afternoon showers. Highs in the upper 80’s.
Wednesday: Sunny mornings with scattered afternoon showers. Not as hot with highs in the mid-80’s.
Thursday – Saturday: Sunny mornings with a good chance for afternoon showers and thunderstorms. Cooler with highs in the low 80’s.