- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
A hot Sunday-Monday coming up, then more p.m. showers next week.
Saturday: Mostly sunny. Chance of isolated, brief shower in the afternoon, mostly in the southern portion of the Park. Generally light to moderate winds with afternoon gusts 10-15 mph, except higher gusts in the vicinity of thunderstorms. continued warm. Highs in the mid to upper 80’s.
Sunday: Mostly sunny and hot. Light winds, with afternoon gusts 8-12 mph. Highs around 90 deg.
Smoke forecast: The heaviest smoke concentrations will be over eastern OR, the ID Panhandle and western MT. Saturday and Sunday, the smoke will mostly appear as a light haze. We may see some heavier smoke concentrations Saturday afternoon for a few hours.
Monday: Mostly sunny and hot. Highs in the lower 90’s.
Tuesday – Thursday: Mostly sunny and very warm. Chance of showers each afternoon. Highs in the mid to upper 80’s.
Expect above normal temperatures for the remainder of July and into August. The latter part of July may not be as dry as the first half of the month.