- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
Saturday : Skies clearing in the morning and mostly sunny by late morning. Areas of valley fog and low visibility in the morning. Afternoon gusts 12-16 mph. Highs in the mid 70’s.
Sunday: Mostly sunny and warmer. Quite windy in the afternoon ahead of an approaching cold front. Afternoon gusts of 25-30 mph. Highs in the lower 80’s.
Smoke forecast: The northern California Dixie fire will continue to impact Grand Teton National Park. The very heavy smoke of Friday afternoon will decrease throughout the night and into Saturday. By Saturday afternoon the smoke density should be light. On Sunday, there is the potential for heavy smoke to return to the Park (again, from the Dixie fire) by afternoon.
Monday – Saturday: Mostly sunny with a warming trend. Highs in the lower 70’s on Monday rising to the mid-80’s by Thursday. Chance of afternoon showers on Saturday.
The outlook for the rest of August is for generally above normal temperatures and below normal precipitation.