- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
A near-perfect late summer weekend…
Saturday: Partly to mostly sunny. Light afternoon winds. High temperatures around 70 deg.
Sunday: Mostly sunny. Light afternoon breezes. Slightly warmer, with high temperatures in the mid 70’s.
Smoke forecast: The heavy smoke is moving well to our south and west for the time being. On Saturday we should see only residual light smoke and that should clear up by evening. Sunday looks to be virtually smoke-free. Wildfire smoke may return to the Park on Monday.
Monday – Tuesday: Mostly sunny. High temperatures each day around 80 deg. Quite breezy each afternoon.
Wednesday: Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 70’s.
Thursday – Friday: Becoming mostly cloudy in the afternoon with widely scattered showers. Showers will be more numerous on Friday. Highs in the lower 70’s.
Extended outlook through the first third of September: Temperatures will be near or slightly below the long-term average for this time of year. It will be drier than normal.