- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
Warm, smoky and dry weather ahead
Saturday: Mostly sunny after a frosty start. Afternoon wind gusts 12-16 mph. Highs in the low 70’s.
Sunday: Mostly sunny. Afternoon wind gusts 10-15 mph. High in the mid to upper 70’s.
Smoke forecast: The smoke, mostly from California, will continue over the Park. The smoke will wax and wane. Smoke becomes light by Satuday afternoon, but heavy smoke returns by Sunday afternoon.
Monday – Thursday: Mostly sunny. Highs around 80 deg, except highs in the low to mid 80’s on Wednesday.
Friday: Variable cloudiness with a chance of showers. Highs in the lower 70’s.