- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
Unseasonable warmth through Monday
Saturday: Partly to mostly sunny. Afternoon wind gusts 12-16 mph. Highs in the low to mid 70’s.
Sunday: Mostly sunny and a bit warmer. Afternoon wind gusts 15-22 mph. Highs in the mid 70’s.
Smoke forecast: Grand Teton will see light smoke on Saturday. Smoke will start light on Sunday but by afternoon, we will see moderate to occasionally heavy smoke in the Park. This smoke is coming from the fires still burning in California.
Monday: Partly to mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 70’s.
Tuesday: Increasing clouds in the afternoon. Quite breezy. Highs around 70. Showers developing Tuesday night. Snow levels starting at 8500 feet but falling to 7000 feet by Wednesday morning.
Wednesday: Cloudy in the morning with a chance of rain and snow showers. Clearing starting late morning. Much cooler, with highs in the mid 50’s.
Thursday: Partly cloudy. Highs in the low to mid 60’s.
Friday: Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid to upper 60’s.