- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
End of the 80’s?
Saturday: Clearing with the chance of an early morning shower. The showers and thunderstorms will remain south and east of the Park. Afternoon wind gusts 20-25 mph. Cooler, with the high temperature near 70 deg.
Sunday: Partly to mostly sunny. Afternoon wind gusts 20-25 mph. Slight chance of an isolated late afternoon shower. Highs in the low 70’s.
Smoke forecast: Rains plus wind shifts will work in the Park’s favor – mostly light smoke conditions both Saturday and Sunday. Smoke will increase towards the northern portion of Grand Teton; Yellowstone will see moderate to heavy smoke conditions this weekend.
Monday: Partly sunny with the chance of afternoon showers or thunderstorms. Highs around 70 deg.
Tuesday: Partly to mostly sunny. Highs near 70 deg.
Wednesday – Thursday: Partly to mostly sunny. Highs in the low 70’s.
Friday: Mostly sunny and slightly cooler. Highs in the upper 60’s.