- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
The heat returns by mid-week.
Monday: Sunny. Afternoon gusts 12-16 mph. Highs in the low-70’s.
Tuesday: Sunny. Afternoon wind gusts 10-15 mph. Highs in the upper 70’s.
Smoke forecast: The cold front that brushes Grand Teton Park Sunday night will move the Dixie fire smoke to our south. Expect little smoke in the Park Monday morning. Smoke will become noticeable again by Monday afternoon and into Tuesday, this time from a wildfire in southwest Washington.
Wednesday – Saturday: Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid-80’s on Wednesday and the mid to upper 80’s Thursday through Saturday.
Sunday: Mostly sunny in the morning with a chance of afternoon showers. Highs in the mid-80’s.
The outlook for the rest of August is for generally above normal temperatures and below normal precipitation.