- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
Sunny and pleasant
Monday: Partly to mostly sunny. Gusty southwest winds in the afternoon 25-30 mph. Kayak / SUP / Canoe conditions on Leigh Lake will become hazardous in the afternoon. Expect winds gusting 30-40 mph in the mountains above 9000 feet. Highs in the mid 70’s. Slight chance of some overnight showers.
Tuesday: Mostly cloudy early morning, becoming partly to mostly sunny by midmorning. Afternoon winds gusting 15-20 mph. Highs in the mid 70’s.
Smoke forecast: Smoke density will increase from moderate in the morning to heavy by afternoon. Tuesday will see continued moderate to heavy smoke over Grand Teton Park.
Wednesday – Thursday: Partly to mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 70’s.
Thursday – Sunday: Partly to mostly sunny. High temperatures 70-73 deg.
Outlook through early September: Drier than normal with temperatures at or slightly above normal.