- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
Flash Flood Watch in effect Monday afternoon and evening.
Not all graphics loaded today due to bandwidth limitations.
Some showers Monday; much drier for the rest of the week.
Monday: Variable cloudiness with an isolated morning shower. Scattered afternoon and evening showers and thunderstorms. Some showers and thunderstorms, some of which may produce heavy rains. The heaviest rains today will likely be east and south of the Park. Highs in the upper 70’s.
Tuesday: Partly to mostly sunny with the chance for an isolated afternoon shower. Highs near 80 deg.
Smoke forecast: Smoke this weekend will be heaviest in Washington and northern Idaho. For Grand Teton, expect smoke concentrations will decrease on Monday to low levels; by afternoon virtually all the smoke will be clear of the park. Heavy smoke will return though on Tuesday, especially in the afternoon.
Wednesday: Mostly sunny . Highs in the low to mid 80’s.
Thursday: Sunny in the morning with scattered afternoon showers and thunderstorms. High temperatures in the lower 80’s.
Friday – Sunday: Mostly sunny, with the chance of an isolated afternoon shower. Highs in the mid 70’s.