- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
One more warm day
Monday: Partly to mostly sunny. Afternoon wind gusts 15-20 mph. Highs in the mid 70’s.
Tuesday: Increasing clouds in the afternoon. Afternoon winds gusting 18-25 mph. Highs in the mid 60’s. Chance of an isolated shower or two late afternoon and continuing Tuesday night. Snow levels starting at 8500 feet but falling to 7000 feet by Wednesday morning.
Smoke forecast: Expect moderate smoke over the Park on Monday. Smoke should clear out by late morning on Tuesday.
Wednesday: Cloudy in the morning with a chance of rain and snow showers. Clearing starting late morning. Much cooler, with highs in the mid 50’s.
Thursday: Partly cloudy. Highs in the low to mid 60’s.
Friday – Sunday: Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid to upper 60’s.