- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
Another wet afternoon in store…
Updated 05:00 Friday 30 July
Flash Flood Watch in effect through Saturday evening
Friday: Variable cloudiness with a good chance for afternoon and evening showers and thunderstorms, some of which may be heavy. Expect more widespread showers and thunderstorms on Friday than on Thursday. Light winds except gusts to 30 mph possible in the vicinity of thunderstorms. Highs in the low 80’s.
Saturday: Variable cloudiness with scattered showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon and evening. Probably not as much rain as on Friday. Highs in the upper 70’s.
Smoke forecast: While the fires continue to burn in CA, OR, WA, ID and MT, much of the heaviest smoke concentrations remains north of Grand Teton. Expect light smoke over the Park on Friday. Friday night the smoke concentrations will drop to near zero. Unfortunately smoke returns on Saturday, with moderate concentrations probable by Saturday afternoon.
Sunday: Slight chance of afternoon showers and thunderstorms. Highs around 80 deg.
Monday – Tuesday: Continued afternoon showers and thunderstorms: Highs in the mid 70’s.
Wednesday – Friday: Mostly sunny in the mornings with a possibility of isolated afternoon showers. Highs around 80 deg.