- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
More heat; more smoke
Friday: Partly to mostly sunny and warm. Highs in the mid 80’s. Slight chance of a brief isolated rainshower in the afternoon. Light to moderate breezes in the afternoon.
Saturday – Sunday: Mostly sunny, dry and very warm. Highs in the upper 80’s.
Smoke forecast: The Wildfire smoke over Grand Teton will increase on Friday and may be quite heavy by Friday evening. Moderate smoke density over the Park on Saturday. Smoke is heaviest over northwest Nevada, northeast California and much of Idaho.
Monday – Tuesday: Mostly sunny and hot. Highs in the lower 90’s.
Wednesday – Thursday: Sunny mornings with scattered afternoon showers. Not as hot with highs in the mid-80’s.