- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
Showers, thunderstorms and breezy today; sunny and drier for the weekend.
Friday: Mostly cloudy, with scattered showers and an occasional thunderstorm. Breezy, with winds gusting 25-30 mph outside of thunderstorms. Noticeably cooler, with high temperatures in the low 70’s. Hikers above 9000 feet should prepare for wet and windy (gusts to 45 mph) conditions with temperatures in the 50’s.
Smoke forecast: Heavy smoke will cover northern CA and much of NV, UT and southwest WY on Friday. For Grand Teton, heavy smoke moves back over the park Friday evening and Friday night. On Saturday, expect moderate concentrations of smoke along with some reductions in visibility.
Saturday : Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 70’s.
Sunday: Mostly sunny and warmer. Highs in the lower 80’s. Breezy in the afternoon.
Monday – Friday: Mostly sunny with a warming trend. Highs in the mid 70’s on Monday rising to the mid-80’s by Thursday. Breezy Monday. Chance of afternoon showers on Friday.