- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
Friday: Partly to mostly sunny and variable cloudiness in the afternoon. Breezy in the afternoon with winds gusting 20-25 mph. Showers should stay north in Montana. High temperatures around 70 deg.
Saturday: Partly to mostly sunny. High temperatures around 70 deg.
Smoke forecast: The heaviest smoke moves to our south and east and looks like it will stay there, at least for a few days. Expect moderate smoke in the Park on Friday, although it may lighten up a bit by afternoon. For Saturday we should be nearly smoke-free.
Sunday: Mostly sunny. High temperatures in the mid to upper 70’s.
Monday – Tuesday: Mostly sunny. High temperatures each day around 80 deg. Slight chance of an afternoon shower on Tuesday.
Wednesday: Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 70’s.
Thursday: Becoming mostly cloudy in the afternoon with widely scattered showers. Highs around 70 deg.
Extended outlook through the first third of September: Temperatures will be near or slightly below the long-term average for this time of year. It will be drier than normal.