- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
An unsettled weekend…
Snow ending this morning above 9000 feet but not before several inches accumulate in the highest elevations of the Tetons. Another batch of rain mixed with snow and embedded thunderstorms for the high mountains Saturday afternoon, ending Sunday morning. Saturday night will be challenging camping in the high backcountry sites.
Friday: Cloudy with rain ending early morning. Becoming partly cloudy by late morning with the chance of an isolated shower throughout the rest of the day. Most rain showers will stay north and east of Grand Teton Park. Somewhat warmer, with highs in the low-60’s.
Saturday: Sunny in the morning, then increasing clouds with rain and showers and isolated thunderstorms developing in the early afternoon. Highs in the mid to upper 60’s.
Smoke forecast: Light smoke today. Heavier smoke, mostly from CA, returns to the Park on Saturday.
Sunday: Rain in the morning, tapering off to showers by late morning. Becoming partly sunny in the afternoon. Highs near 70 deg.
Monday: Partly to mostly sunny. Chance of afternoon showers. Highs in the mid 70’s.
Tuesday: Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 70’s.
Wednesday: Mostly sunny with a slight chance of afternoon showers. Warmer, with highs in the mid 70’s.
Thursday: Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 70’s.
Graphics limited due to bandwidth constraints