- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
A Hotter (and smokier) weekend
Friday: Mostly sunny and very warm. Highs in the upper 80’s.
Saturday: Mostly sunny and hot. Highs near 90 deg.
Smoke forecast: Wildfire smoke will moderate in intensity over Grand Teton on Friday and light to moderate on Saturday. The smoke is from a combination of fires in the U.S. Northwest and British Columbia.
Sunday: Mostly sunny and very warm. Highs in the mid to upper 80’s.
Monday: Sunny in the morning, then clouding up with scattered showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid-80’s.
Tuesday: Variable cloudiness with a chance for scattered showers and thunderstorms. Highs around 80 deg.
Wednesday: Variable cloudiness with scattered showers, mostly in the morning. Highs in the mid 70’s.
Thursday-Friday: Mostly sunny with some morning fog. Highs in the mid 70’s.
The 6-10 day outlook is showing below normal temperatures and above average rainfall for northwest Wyoming for the start of the second half of August.