- Short-term forecast, emphasizing weather parameters most important to visitors in the Jenny Lake / String Lake / Leigh Lake region
- Animations of expected weather radar updated daily.
- Other weather parameters (snow, wind, etc.) added when they may be significant.
- For orientation, animation maps show Wyoming and a small portion of the surrounding states.
- Temperature graphic is for the Airport. Subtract a couple of degrees for String Lake and 3-5 degrees if a visitor asks about Colter Bay.
- The wind gusts forecasts are usually (in the summer) a reasonable forecast for average sustained wind speeds at 9,000 – 11,000 feet for backcountry hikers.
- For those with access to Grand Teton Park Radios: Channel 16 is NOAA Weather Radio
- Click here for access to the NOAA smoke-forecasting site.
- Click here for an animation of smoke concentration over the northwest U.S. for the next two days.
A shift to fall; strong winds this afternoon on Leigh Lake
Friday: Variable cloudiness with the chance of a shower before noon, then showers and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon and evening. Quite breezy in the afternoon with gusts 25-32 mph and even higher in the vicinity of thunderstorms. High temperatures around 80 deg. Showers and thunderstorms continue Friday night.
Smoke forecast: A combination of shifting winds and rain to our west will greatly reduce the wildfire smoke in the Park on Friday. By Friday evening the smoke will be virtually gone. Saturday will start smoke free, but heavy smoke will return to the Park by Saturday afternoon.
Saturday: Clearing with the chance of an early morning shower. Afternoon wind gusts 18-22 mph. High temperature near 70 deg.
Sunday: Variable cloudiness. Highs in the low 70’s.
Monday: Partly sunny with the slight chance of an afternoon shower. Highs around 70 deg.
Tuesday: Partly to mostly sunny with the slight chance of an afternoon shower. Highs near 70 deg.
Wednesday: Partly to mostly sunny. Highs in the low 70’s.
Thursday: Mostly sunny and slightly cooler. Highs in the upper 60’s.